My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://techienote.com and update your bookmarks.

Tech Resources

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

NVU web authoring system for creating web pages


Hi

Trying to build a basic website for my personal use. For a while I used windows notepad for creating webpages.  But u must have a very good html knowledge for that. While searching an open source solution for it I come to know NVUweb authering system. 

Nvu (pronounced "N-view," for a "new view") is a free, open source software program that allows you to build websites and web pages using a simple WYSIWYG editor (what-you-see-is-what-you-get).  Nvu makes creating web pages as easy as using a word processor and rivals such programs as Adobe's Dreamweaver and Microsoft's Expression Web, only for free!  With Nvu's built-in site manager, connecting to your website and making changes is a snap. 

I liked the software cause you can use the same software in Windows as well as in Linux. I am using it on My CentOS
You can download it from the below link

For windows users:
nvu-1.0-win32-installer-full.exe

For linux user:
RPM base
kompozer-0.7.10-i386.rpm

Source file
kompozer-0.7.10-gcc4.0.3-i486.tar.gz

For more information you can go to their website:
NVU websites

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home